Homework is an integral part of the school program and should reflect the goals and philosophy of the Petaluma City School District. The primary purposes are:
- To supplement and reinforce classroom work
- To give increased practice in particular skills
- To make up work lost through absence
- To develop initiative, independence, self-direction and responsibility
- To assist in developing good study habits
- To involve parent support
Grade 6 .... 60 minutes per night
If your child is absent he/she will be given extra time to make up missed work. ie.. one day per day missed.
Please check your child's planner each night to see what work needs to be completed. Students are given ample class time to finish an assignment, but on occasion your child may need some extra time at home to complete the work.